Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Senioritous


After a long weekend of intern-related "work" I felt a lack of motivation in the area of homework. My symptoms were as follows: watering of the mouth at the thought of an ice-cold beer, need to be outdoors, BBQ appetite only and lack of sleep. I decided that I should see a Dr. about this, so I went to the University Health Center. As I sat on the butcher paper like a slab of meat waiting to be wrapped up and later bar-b-qed, (see, there's those BBQ thoughts again) I explained my symptoms to the Dr. Once the Dr. examined me, she sat back in her swivel chair with a smirk and said, "you have a case of Senioritous." It sounded pretty serious, my Senioritous had been in remission since 2002. She gave me a bag of extra strength coffee and recommended drinking lots of caffeine and staying at my desk. I am taking the Dr.'s advice and hoping the Senioritous does not spread. I'll keep you updated on my case as the weeks go on.

No comments: